You are here: 
Home / News / Lifestyle / Travel
 /
rss News rss Articles rss General
Travel

In Inner Mongolia found grain grown 8000 years ago

May 28 2006
15:32

Chinese archaeologists have discovered in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region millet and Siberian millet grown by ancient people who lived 7700 - 8000 years ago.

Fellow of the Institute of Archaeology of the Academy of Social Sciences of China, Zhao Zhijun said that the discovered crops represent the earliest cultivated species of grasses in the world, this dating more than 2000 years udrevnyaet "date cultivation of agricultural crops as compared with Europe.

The total number of retrieved seeds was more than 1500 pieces. 90 percent of them - millet, the remaining 10 percent - Siberian millet. Experts from Canada and Great Britain noted, all found the grain grown artificially, which suggests that there is in those times of agricultural crops.

Results of the analysis of grains, made in Canada, show that these grains are almost 8000 years of history, and their counterparts found in Central Europe, under the 2000 - 2700 years old, reported Xinhua . "

Print version

Photo Gallery
At this moment...
Photo

Week top publications
Popular reading
©2006-2020 All rights reserved
liveinternet.ru: display number of browses и visitors for 24 hour