You are here:   /
rss News rss Articles rss General
Society

Translation of the relics of St. Prince Alexander Nevsky

September 12 2007
09:29

30 August 1721 (12 September, New Style), Peter I, after a long and exhausting war with the Swedes, concluded Nishtadsky world.

This day it was decided to consecrate the transference of the relics of Alexander Nevsky of Vladimir in a new northern capital, St. Petersburg, situated on the banks of the Neva. Removed from Vladimir August 11, 1723, the holy relics were brought to Schlisselburg 20 September the same year and remained there until 1724, when on August 30 have been installed at the Trinity Cathedral of Alexander Nevsky Lavra, where repose is now. By a decree dated September 2, 1724 was established the festival on August 30.

The name of the defender borders of Russia and the patron of warriors known far beyond the borders of our country. Holy Prince Alexander Nevsky (in schema Alexis) died on the way from the Horde in Gorodets, on the Volga, 14 November 1263 and November 23, 1263 was buried in the cathedral church of the Nativity Monastery in Vladimir (now there is a monument to the saint prince, another The monument was erected in the town of Pereslavl).

Honoring the prince began immediately after his burial. Incorrupt relics of prince were open to the vision before the battle of Kulikovo - in 1380, and at the same time set the local celebration. By the prayers of the holy prince, famous for the defense of the Fatherland, Russian generals have used and at all subsequent times.

St. Alexander Nevski subject of numerous temples and outside Russia. The most famous are: The Patriarchal Cathedral in Sofia Cathedral in Tallinn, the church in Tbilisi. These temples - a pledge of friendship of the Russian people, the liberator of the fraternal peoples. Reports Calend.ru.

Print version

Photo Gallery
At this moment...
Photo

Week top publications
Popular reading
©2006-2020 All rights reserved
liveinternet.ru: display number of browses и visitors for 24 hour