You are here:   /
rss News rss Articles rss General
Latest news

In London, will shoot first and then deal

July 25 2005
14:42

Representatives from Scotland Yard have warned that due to heightened security in the country because of attacks and the search for four men who tried to lay explosives on public transport in London could be affected innocent people.

Statement to the police followed after the end of last week was mistakenly shot dead Brazilian, whose law enforcement agencies have taken a suicide bomber. The Brazilian Government immediately demanded that the British investigation into the incident. Accidental death of Jean Charles de Menezes has caused serious public response.

London police chief Ian Blair, meanwhile, defends the right of police to shoot to kill, noting that terrorism is already extremely difficult to resist. In London, only 10% of police are service weapon, the remaining 90% bobby armed with batons.

The active work of the police throughout the country and increased security measures keep the population under constant tension. On Saturday, he was arrested one man suspected of involvement in terrorist activities. According to Reuters.

Print version

Photo Gallery
At this moment...
Photo

Week top publications
Popular reading
©2006-2019 All rights reserved
liveinternet.ru: display number of browses и visitors for 24 hour