You are here:   /
rss News rss Articles rss General
Latest news

Runet celebrates birthday

April 7 2006
19:41

Today Runet (Russian Internet segment) was 12 years old. In addition, the number of domains registered in the Russian segment of the Internet) has reached 500 thousand at the briefing at the Federal Agency for Press and Mass Communications, said Alexei Foresters - Director of the Russian Network Information Center.


Foresters noted that the registration of a domain previously predicted half-million only to fall, but the pace of development of the Russian segment of the Internet proved to be very high.


According to experts, the volume of the domain registration is growing at 46% per annum and the rate of development of ru domain II takes place in the world after China.

Foresters said that the Russian national domains are most popular among Russians. Almost 75% of the total number of domains registered in the domain. Ru, and the remaining 25% - in small quantities in all other domains of public, according to CSI. Roux.

Print version

Photo Gallery
At this moment...
Photo

Week top publications
Popular reading
©2006-2020 All rights reserved
liveinternet.ru: display number of browses и visitors for 24 hour