Conservators restore the precious map of the USSR
Petersburg restorers to piece together a giant mosaic restore "The Industry of Socialism" - the exact physical and geographical map of the USSR, made of jade, diamonds and rubies.
Panel area of 26 square meters was established in 1937 specifically for the exhibition marking the 20th anniversary of the October Revolution. This card has become the largest piece of stone-cutting art, made in the Florentine mosaic technique. Her weight - 3 tons. After restoration, according to "Komsomolskaya Pravda" , each piece of card will be harder to 7 pounds.
It is a mosaic of precious stones. In the manufacture of 4,5 thousand out of precious and semiprecious stones, pass " Vesti.ru . " The main stones, used to display the terrain became Ural jasper. All major items are marked with precious and semiprecious stones, mounted in gilt silver. Moscow marked the ruby star with hammer and sickle adorned with 17 diamonds.
Throughout its history, this unique puzzle precious time and again restored. However, the most serious work on recreating the mosaic is only now, says RBC . After the restoration of mural is on display at the Central Scientific-Research Geological Museum which is housed in the All-Russian Geological Research Institute.
Read the most interesting in the section "Interesting News"
- 16:11Conservators restore the precious map of the USSR
- 17:11Passengers have prevented the American to leave the plane in the air
- 11:11Colombian cooks prepared a 274-meter sausage
- 20:10In Paris, opened a bar for dormice
- 18:10Centennial marathon record will not count
- 14:10In English, the hotel was evacuated 60 Elvis
- 23:10Passengers complained of aircraft what they lack in-flight
- 19:10Schoolgirl swam the strait for the teacher
- 17:10In the Urals, the zoo moved rodents and Steve Jobs
- All news ...