You are here:   /
rss News rss Articles rss General
World Stars

Occasional recording of the Beatles will be published

March 26 2008
01:16

Fuego Entertainment company is not going to abandon the intention to publish a unique audio concert by the Beatles in 1962, despite a lawsuit filed against the owners of the legal representatives of the legendary group, said the head of Fuego Entertainment, Hugo Canso. Lawyers of Apple Corps, the company founded by the Beatles, believe that the eight songs played in one of the clubs of Hamburg Star Club in 1962, were recorded without the express permission of the group, and hence their output to disk, and commercial use allowed. Last Friday in federal court in Miami (Florida, USA) was filed against Fuego Entertainment. Canso has denied nesanktsionirovannosti record.

"According to our data, in accordance with German law on intellectual property, which existed in Germany until 1968, if the perpetrator has not objected to the fact that it is written, special permission for entry was not required, and the film was considered the property of the person who wrote it" - he said.

"Our sources among those who have played at this club in that period, together with the Beatles, said that the club owner did record all the concerts that took place there. These records were used to advertise the company. The speakers were there mostly to little-known group." Beatles in 1962 were not famous and rich, and, according to eyewitnesses, they too did not mind, "- said the head of Fuego Entertainment. Fuego Entertainment has acquired a record earlier in the year the owner of the employment agencies Jeff Collins, who previously bought it from a disc jockey who worked in the Star Club. According to Canso, in 1995, Collins sent a copy of the film in the Apple Corps, but there is not interested in potential acquisitions.

This information was confirmed in an interview with RIA Novosti news agency the legal representative of Apple Corps Paul LiKalsi. "Collins actually sent us a package with a proposal to publish records of Hamburg concert. However, the recording quality was unacceptable, as we did and said. He, in turn, assured us that he is not going to publish it, and now is the respondent in our lawsuit," - the lawyer said. According to representatives of the Beatles, the recording quality is unsatisfactory, and its dissemination "would seriously damage the image of the group, whose value is extremely high." Canso not agree with this approach. "This film - the historical evidence, the recording of a live concert, it is not intended to be high quality. Imagine a record from the scene in Pearl Harbor during World War II - except for her it would be necessary to make such claims?" - He said in an interview with RIA Novosti. "This is not a historical record, it's just illegal entry received without the consent of the artists' - insists the lawyer Beatles LiKalsi. According to him, Apple Corps intends not only to ban the publication of the Hamburg concert recording, but also to recover from the Canso and Collins monetary compensation. "While we do not call the exact amount - we need to establish what they've made this film. We know that the disc is not released yet, but the fragments of records using the site Fuego International for commercial purposes," - said LiKalsi.

According to him, the date of review in a court action has not yet been set. In turn, Kangxi told that he had not received any documents from the court and learned of the lawsuit from the media. According to him, within a few weeks before news of the prosecution he was negotiating with Apple Corps, and the suit was a surprise.

Print version

Photo Gallery
At this moment...
Photo

Week top publications
Popular reading
©2006-2019 All rights reserved
liveinternet.ru: display number of browses и visitors for 24 hour