You are here:   /
rss News rss Articles rss General
Be aware

As people learned the art of blood transfusion

November 14 2009
00:05

November 14, 1920 in a village near Moscow Kashino lit the first electric light bulb - the first in the Russian countryside. At the opening of the famous power plant attended by Lenin.

November 14, 1936 in Moscow at the Central Weather Bureau was established Central Institute of weather. Later it was called the Central Institute of forecasts, and after the merger in 1965 with the World Meteorological Centre transformed into the Hydrometeorological Research Center of the USSR (now Russia).

November 14, 1666 was made the first blood transfusion, produced from one dog on the other. Produced it and reported on the success of the procedure Dr. Samuel Pepys. Further history of blood transfusions is this: in 1667 by French physician Jean-Baptiste Denis, and the Englishman Richard Lower independently make a record of successful transfusions from sheep to man. But in the next ten years transfusions from animals to humans have been outlawed because of severe adverse reactions. In 1795, the United States by an American physician Philip Singh physicist spends the first transfusion of blood from person to person - even though information about it are not published.

Techniques were developed and in 1818 the British obstetrician James Blundell had the first successful transfusion of human blood patient with postpartum hemorrhage. Using as a donor, her husband's patients, Blundell took him nearly four ounces of blood from his hands and poured with a syringe woman. Blundell published his results, and also invented the first useful tools for the collection and blood transfusion.

In Russia, the first successful blood transfusion is carried out in 1832, St. Petersburg obstetrician Andrew Martynovich Wolff. He poured women with obstetric hemorrhage blood of her husband and thus saved her life. Dr. Wolf used for transfusion apparatus and method, he has received from the pioneer of the global transfusion James Blundell.

November 14, 2002 in the courtyard of St. Petersburg State University opened a monument to the cats who gave their lives for the sake of science. The idea of the monument belonged to the academician-physiologist Alexander Nozdrachevu, and created a monument to the sculptor and architect Anatoly Dema Sergei Mikhailov.

14 November 1980 in Geneva at the auction "Sotheby's" were sold the most expensive in the history of earrings. Two pear-shaped diamond earrings, beads weighing 58.6 and 61 carats have been sold for 3.1 million pounds sterling.


Print version

Photo Gallery
At this moment...
Photo

Week top publications
Popular reading
©2006-2019 All rights reserved
liveinternet.ru: display number of browses и visitors for 24 hour