You are here:   /
rss News rss Articles rss General
Culture

As a Russian woman admitted, "a worthy and useful member of the State"

May 16 2009
00:05

May 16, 1764 was founded Russia's first educational institution for women - Educational Institute of noble maidens at the Smolny Convent - the favorite brainchild of Catherine II. The main principle of the first institute was brought up in the beauty and joy. On the initiative of Betsky at Smolny convent in the vicinity of St. Petersburg Institute was founded - to educate 200 "Noble Ladies", which later received the name of the Smolny Institute.

Daughter of nobles from 6 to 18 years studied here the law of God, the French language, arithmetic, drawing, history, geography, literature, studied dance, music, crafts, home economics and subjects of secular manners. In 1765 the Institute was established educational institution for girls of other classes (except the serfs), where they received an elementary general education and taught sewing and home economics. The opening of this institute was the beginning of female secondary education, with Russia ahead of Western Europe. After Catherine's death, Paul I asked his wife glavnonachalie over all women's institutions. Reform of Maria Feodorovna radically changed the nature of the Educational Society. Broad humane society of the problem posed by Catherine II, replaced by a purely feminine.

Maria Feodorovna recognized the woman, "worthy and useful member of the state" - as a hostess. The Empress saw "great inconvenience in a mixture of noble maidens with petty-bourgeois, because clearly that the duties and purpose of the latter in many respects razlichestvuyut of duties and appointment of Noble Ladies." This system of education existed in women's institutions, nearly half a century.

In the XIX century. Smolny College is becoming more closed, privileged institution in which the preference for everything foreign, the Foster inoculate secular manners, piety, reverence for the royal family. In 1859, the inspector classes Smolny Institute was appointed K. Ushinskii. He held a number of progressive measures, reorganized the entire process of training and education: introduced a new curriculum subject lessons, experiments in physics, etc. However, as a result of harassment and vigilantism in the summer of 1862 Ushinskii was forced to leave the Institute, after which its beginnings have been eliminated. In 1917 the Institute was closed.

May 16, 1896 in St. Petersburg, the Hermitage Garden, the first in Russia Picture Show. Movies shown during the intermission between the 2 nd and 3 rd offices operetta "Alfred Pasha in Paris." The audience were delighted.

Russia's first film session lasted about ten minutes and consisted of short skits - the very first films of the Lumiere brothers: "Arrival of a Train," "Out of working with the Lumiere Factory", "watered waterer and others. Years later, in this place there was the first film set Lenfilm Studio.


Print version

Photo Gallery
At this moment...
Photo

Week top publications
Popular reading
©2006-2019 All rights reserved
liveinternet.ru: display number of browses и visitors for 24 hour